Beneath the Surface is a drama about estranged siblings, Bud and Jessica, whose lives collide when the remains of their mother are discovered at the bottom of a lake twenty years after she first went missing. While older sister Jessica was able to escape their impoverished youth and reinvent herself as an upscale, suburban housewife, Bud was relegated to a childhood of foster homes and juvenile detention centers. As the adult siblings cope with the suspicious circumstances of their mother’s death, they’re also forced to confront their own fractured relationship.
- Quarter-Finalist in the 2013 BlueCat Screenplay Competition
- Finalist in the 2013 Atlanta Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- Advanced to second round consideration for the 2013 Sundance Screenwriters Lab
- Semi-Finalist in the 2012 CineStory Screenwriting Awards
- One of the Top Ten Screenplays in the 2012 New Hampshire Film Festival Script Competition
- Semi-Finalist in the 2012 Creative World Awards International Screenwriting Contest
- Top 10% in the 2011 Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition