As I await my flight back to La-La land, I figured I’d offer up a few of my not-so-deep reflections on this little sojourn to the Sunshine State:
1) To Dr. Weil of Origins Skincare: Your “Night Health” face cream is, indeed, “skin-building”…that is, if you want your skin to explode like a red, blistery blowfish, which is what my face experienced my first night in Florida. Luckily, a much cuter doctor, Dr. Mark, injected me with steroids and my visage returned back to its normal, unpuffy, growing-old-gracefully self.
2) To the person who now has my driver license in their possession: Yes, I stupidly lost it somehow at the Clearwater Mall. Maybe you were able to hit a fun nightclub in Tampa Bay while passing as a 42-year-old woman from SoCal? If so, I hope you had a blast. Please don’t steal my identity. Unless you can raise money for Beneath the Surface. Then go for it.
3) To Reynolds and Eleanor Morse: Thanks for supporting Salvador Dali. Benefactors like you give artists like him total freedom to create. It’s a financial gesture that winds up being a greater gift than you probably even expected because now the whole world benefits from it. Worth every penny.
4) To Eddy Val: Although a lovely storyteller has left us, the legacy of his narrative talents live on through *you*. You’re in my thoughts.
5) To Myself: You could have gotten more writing done, Lady. So take advantage of the four-and-a-half hour plane ride ahead. If not now, WHEN?
5) To my host: The generosity of your heart is what will continue to keep it strong. I’m glad we got to hang out together – and you even let me stay after my Mavericks beat your Heat! Now that’s cardiacal fortitude!
6) To the alligator that’s a resident of the neighborhood I power-walked through every day: Thanks for not making an appearance. Really. I mean it.
Adios, Sunshine State! Thanks for the memories.
NEXT UP: For Realz – THE LOS ANGELES FILM FESTIVAL!!!